cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with ViewMail and XP

jsardonini
Level 1
Level 1

Sometimes (about once a week) when one of my users closes Outlook at home, puts the computer in stand-by, brings it into the office, and plugs it in the docking station, Outlook won’t restart. Instead is just hangs, and often he can’t even kill it in the task manager. When he reboots the machine, restarts Outlook, he gets the following error:

"Outlook experienced a serious error the last time the add in 'c:\program files\viewmail\tfxext32.dll' was opened. Would you like to disable this add-in? To reenable this add-in click About Microsoft Outlook on the help menu, and then click Disabled Items.

Has anyone ever seen this before? The machine is running XP and Outlook XP, and the ViewMail client is 3.1.2.60.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello -

I found this information from the current Unity 4.0(2) release notes, caveat #CSCdx62431, priority 3:

" VMO plug-in causes errors when using Outlook XP. Symptom: When starting Outlook XP with VMO loaded, intermittently you will get the following error. Outlook experienced a serious error the last time the add-in `c:\program files\viewmail\tfxext32.dll' was opened. Would you like to disable this add-in? To reenable this add-in, click About Microsoft Outlook on the Help menu, and then click Disabled Items. There is no Workaround"

Ginger

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello -

I found this information from the current Unity 4.0(2) release notes, caveat #CSCdx62431, priority 3:

" VMO plug-in causes errors when using Outlook XP. Symptom: When starting Outlook XP with VMO loaded, intermittently you will get the following error. Outlook experienced a serious error the last time the add-in `c:\program files\viewmail\tfxext32.dll' was opened. Would you like to disable this add-in? To reenable this add-in, click About Microsoft Outlook on the Help menu, and then click Disabled Items. There is no Workaround"

Ginger