cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with volume of messages from PSTN calls

dnmann
Level 1
Level 1

At first, the volume of messages left in Unity would fade in and out. I saw a post that said this is often resolved by using the set volume utility. I also disovered that my AGC settings were out of wack (AGCgain threshold was set to 40) I set all the AGC settings to the recomended values and then ran set colume and set everything to -26db. Now, it appears that messages left from one internal IP phone to another are fine, but messages left from the PSTN are so low they are barely audible, plus, I think the volume is still fading in and out. You can hear the messages through the phone, but you can hardly hear them at all from the PC no matter how high you crank up the volume. If I adjust the playback gain, it is probably going to make the messages from internal phones too loud. Help?

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this a dual switch integration where the PSTN calls are coming in on Dialogic voice cards but internal phones are coming in on IP lines through a CM?

No, IP only integration. Unity 3.1.5, CM 3.2.2a. The calls are coming in over T1 CAS trunks into a 3660.

Is it possible that WaveGain playback and record are set to a non-zero value? When AGC is enabled, you need to make sure WaveGain values are set to 0. Also verify that all AGC settings are set correctly. If you had to change one, you most likely needed to change more (usually 2). This was changed in 3.1.3->3.1.4. A reboot is necessary for these changes to take affect as well. Check out the Audio Quality Troubleshooting guide - this usually fixes everything.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/tsg/tsg314/tsg_0450.htm

Jeff S

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: