Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Programattically sync MWI

I am looking for some code samples or API information that I could use to create an application to resync MWIs more often than once a day using UTIM. I am using Unity 4.02 and I am hoping there is some code samples out there to "use" in a simple exe to resync my MWIs. I have a TAC case open to resolve this ongoing issue, but I still don't have the cause of the problem. Has anyone heard if this is possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Programattically sync MWI

it depends on the nature of your MWI issue - if Unity is not getting notification of a mailbox state change then forcing a resync of the MWI using the same method that you setup in the UTIM will not do you any good - it'll set the lamp based on what it's last known message state was (which if we're not getting notifications for that mailbox properly will be bogus).

If it's a MAPI issue where the thread is not notifying us of state changes over time on some boxes for whatever reason, you can bounce the message store manager service (the guy that's logged into everyone's mailbox waiting for MAPI updates) using the Scheduled Restart Tool - you can get the latest from Cisco Unity Tools here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_ScheduledUnityRestart.htm

Programatically forcing an MWI resync for all boxes is a little messy since it involves dancing with a COM interface to the notifier that's a little awkward - it's not like the code samples I've been publishing on the admin via SQL functions out there... and it varies (due to rights considerations) based on the back end being used - not ideal stuff for code samples I'm afraid.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Programattically sync MWI

it depends on the nature of your MWI issue - if Unity is not getting notification of a mailbox state change then forcing a resync of the MWI using the same method that you setup in the UTIM will not do you any good - it'll set the lamp based on what it's last known message state was (which if we're not getting notifications for that mailbox properly will be bogus).

If it's a MAPI issue where the thread is not notifying us of state changes over time on some boxes for whatever reason, you can bounce the message store manager service (the guy that's logged into everyone's mailbox waiting for MAPI updates) using the Scheduled Restart Tool - you can get the latest from Cisco Unity Tools here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_ScheduledUnityRestart.htm

Programatically forcing an MWI resync for all boxes is a little messy since it involves dancing with a COM interface to the notifier that's a little awkward - it's not like the code samples I've been publishing on the admin via SQL functions out there... and it varies (due to rights considerations) based on the back end being used - not ideal stuff for code samples I'm afraid.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content