Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Programming IP Phones via XML

Hello,

I'm sorry but I'm bit confused how send and receive informations via XML to/from the IP Phones.

I have a CUCM 6.1.x and some Cisco IP Phones.

What I would like to know is how can we communicate via XML from our ASP.Net application.

I have read the documentation "Cisco Unified IP Phone Services Application Development Notes", precisely the chapter "Cisco IP Phone XML Object Quick Reference".

We have configured on the CUCM the external web server which is our server on which runs our application.

Have we simply to send some xml commands to the Call Manager passing the DEV ID of the phone in order to show a text message on the IP Phone Screen ?

What is the correct procedure?

Thank you very much in advance!

3 REPLIES

Re: Programming IP Phones via XML

This is very similar to how you display information on a web browser, but instead of serving HTML from the web server, you serve XML (actually a subset of XML objects as listed in the "Cisco IP Phone XML Object Quick Reference"). You can either push information to phones (via CiscoIPPhoneExecute object and HTTP POST) or you can have user pull the information by selecting an application subscribed to the phones (accessible via Services button on the phone).

If you want to push text to phones, you may want to look at PhoneTop Messenger, which allows you to push text, wave file, live audio, weather alerts, Amber alerts (missing child alerts), etc. to Cisco IP phone groups.

Thank you very much for the help!

What do you mean with "you may want to look at PhoneTop Messenger" ?

What is PhoneTop Messenger ?

If you want to push information to the ip phone, download the cisco ip phone services sdk and have a look at the push2phone samples (there's one for asp and one for java).

Phone Top Messenger is a ready built third party product to push information to IP phones... just put the name into google and you shall find.

Views
Helpful
Replies