Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prompt Playback Distorted

We have a new installation of CCM and Unity going in for a<br>client and have discovered during testing that occasionally<br>a system prompt will be played back with a fair amount of<br>distortion. The distortion, as a peer pointed out, makes<br>the Unity lady sound like one of the aliens from the old TV<br>series V. . . (grin)<br><br>The issue cannot always be reproduced (about 20% of the<br>time), but it does seem localized to the system prompts,<br>and not any custom prompt recordings that custom defined<br>call handlers playback.<br><br>Connectivity to Unity is LAN based. The codec is g711ulaw.<br><br>We are using the automatic gain control feature, and have<br>used the Set Volume tool for volume control.<br><br>Any ideas as to what is causing the distortion? <br><br>Any ideas to begin troubleshooting the issue?<br><br>SW Versions:<br>* CallManager 3.1(3a)spC<br>* Unity Unity 3.1(2b)<br>* Unity-CM TSP version 6.0(1)<br>* Windows 2000 SP2<br>* Exchange 5.5 SP4<br>* MSDE SP1 <br><br>

10 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Prompt Playback Distorted

We have the same problem using the same setup except ccm 3.2.1 and Unity 3.1.1.

Not to jump on the bandwagon but I have been dealing with this issue for about 4 months.

CM 3.1.3a SP(f), Unity 3.1.5 using a 6608 gateway.

TAC recomended a firware upgrade wich we have done twice and now on the latest vers(...49) just release this month.

This issue is the same, garbled prompts but so far, not apparent on any recorded messages or playback.

Same problem but no 6608......

We are running CM 3-1-4(b) and Unity 3-1-5. Our gateways are 2600's running 12.2.11-T1 with the MFT-T1. Same problem as above. Gaberled Unity lady but everything else is fine. Can not re-produce for TAC.

Could it be a Unity glitch when the same prompt is accessed simultaneously or trimultaneously (if that's a word) :) ?? No matter why it happens, it sure gives a bad impression to the users. My partner's call to TAC last fall got an engineer that acted as if he had not heard of this issue before. We had hoped it would go away in Unity 3-1-5 but no luck.

joshua

I had a similiar problem with a 3745 using a MFT-T1 and IOS 12.2.11-T1 with MGCP.

TAC had me put in "MGCP Playout Fixed 50". This immediately fixed the problem.

I don't know if you are using MGCP but if you are this may solve your problem.

- Just a follow up. . .

We reinstalled the TSP version 6.0(1) and the issue seems
to have stopped (two weeks now).

No rhyme, no reason. . .

Anonymous
N/A

I am working on a system that is experiencing the same problem. Apparently TSP 6.0(2) - or the prompts themselves - still has the problem.

Primarily happens when playback of prompts with calls connected via 6608 gateway from the PSTN to Unity. Also has been reported to happen during playback of subscriber greetings.

Used the set volume util, followed all recommendations per the audio quality chapter, all phones/gw's are g.711ulaw, ran codec checker and everything is 8k sample MicrosoftMuLaw.

Perhaps g.711 quiet prompts? Higher sampling rate?

Any ideas here?

Anonymous
N/A

Check out CSCdx36894.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

poh

I looked for the fixes on CCO but can't find them. Am I looking in the wrong place? Please advise. Thanks. Below is the workaround for the bug on CCO:

"The gateway loads with fix for this DDTS are D004030145S1 (6608) and

A002030139S1 (6624). These loads are available as part of the following

Call Manager Engineering Specials.

For 3.1 - Available as a DevPack for 3.1 releases.

For 3.2 - 3.2(2c)SpD"

Cisco Employee

I found mention of the firmware loads for both the 6608 and the 6624 in the "Cisco CallManager 3.2(2c) Support Patch"

I looked for the read-me's for the CCM 3.1.3 support patches and the latest posted patch mentions a firmware load that looks like it is lower (previous) to D004030145S1.

If you're at CCM 3.1, and you need to stay at CCM 3.1, I'll have to let some one else answer how to get that load for a 3.1 system. You could wait to see if anyone has any ideas in this forum, post the same question in the IP Tel forum or give TAC a ring.

steve

poh

finally resolved by adjusting jitter buffers in callmanager to higher values...the patches/loads didn't work

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content