Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Proper procedure for overhauling our CCM 3.1.3(a) cluster to 3.3.3?

We currently have two Call Managers in cluster, both running CCM 3.1.3(a). One runs as a publisher, and the other as a subscriber. The subscriber acts as the DHCP server for our IP telephony subnet.

I have been suspect of both Call Managers for some time, as they have shown intermittent issues, on and off, ever since they were first implemented by a now decertified (first sign of alarm) Cisco IP Telephony VAR. So I want to do a fresh install of each one, using CCM 3.3.3.

What I'm really looking for is the proper steps for being able to remove each Call Manager from the cluster, rebuild it as a clean install of CCM 3.3.3 and reintroduce it back into the cluster so that the current CCM database can resynchronize so I don't have to reenter each users information. We only have 100 subscribers currently, so it wouldn't be a huge blow, but it would be time consuming.

Can anyone make any recommendations as to what steps would create the least down time for doing this?

All devices in our VOIP network have both CCMs in their DNS lists for fail over.

Comments?

1 REPLY
Blue

Re: Proper procedure for overhauling our CCM 3.1.3(a) cluster to

Sure.

1. Backup your publisher using the current version of Cisco IP Telephony Applications Backup Utility just in case you were to have to roll back to 3.1.

2. Uninstall your current version of Cisco IP Telephony Applications Backup Utility. Install Cisco IP Telephony Applications Backup Utility 3.5.44.

3. Backup your Publisher using the new backup software.

4. From that point forward just follow this doc. It isn't that difficult.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_3/install/instcall/cm333ins.htm

Once the Publisher is installed the Subscriber is a snap.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content