Views
Helpful
Replies

PSTN caller cannot let a message

jconi
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

When a PSTN call is transferred to Unity, the call is normally handled, but after the system invites us to let a message, it says that the system is unable to handle the call, please call later.

For internal IP Phones, it's working fine.

I get 2 errors in the EventViewer:

-Error 125:

Creation of the folder(D:\CommServer\unityMta\) failed with HRESULT : 0x00000003 on the line 288 of e:\views\Unity3.1.2.41\un_Conv3\UnityUMR\UnityMTA\AvMtaSession.cpp

-Error 10002

IAvMtaSession::Authenticate forwarded [0x80040202] on the line 4331 of the file e:\views\Unity3.1.2.41\un_Conv2\AvConvPhoneHandler\AvConvPHGreetingSvr\AvSPlayGreeting.cpp.

Execution of the conversation PHGreeting on port 1

Has anyone an idea of the problem?

Thanks

Jean-Philippe

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which version of Unity is this?

Is there a UnityMTA directory under Commserver? This is the directory where all outside caller messages will travel through before heading to the Exchange companion server selected during configuration setup... as opposed to internal messages (subscriber to subscriber messages) which originate from the sender's inbox. I've never seen that UnityMTA directory missing error... Unity will create the directory on the fly if it's missing (the directory it uses is in the registry). If you determine it's missing, make sure we're able to create directories on that partition.

thanks for your answer.

I've got Unity 3.1

There is no UnityMTA directory under Commserver, and it's possible to add new folders under this partition.

Maybe I should reinstall Unity and SQL...Is there a uninstalling procedure for Unity, or do we to remove the Commserver directory?

Thanks

JP

3.1 what? 3.1(2), 3.1(3)? I ask because there were some fixes in the UMR (the guy that uses the UnityMTA directory) along the way in 3.1(x)...

I'm not sure an uninstall and reinstall is really the answer here... there is an Uninstall tool that cleans the system of Unity files including dropping the SQL database and the like. It ships with Unity under the \utilities\ directory but you can always download the latest version from CCO Utilities page or from AnswerMonkey.net here:

http://www.answermonkey.net/App_UninstallUnity30.htm

That said, can you try creating a UnityMTA directory under CommServer and retrying the test? It seems odd that we couldn't create that directory on the fly...

Hi,

I created manually the UnityMta directory under Commserver directory, but there was no change.

I have Unity version 3.1.(3)

I think I'll try to uninstall properly the application

Thanks

JP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: