Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

PSTN Calls/6608E1 blade for conference call

I am implementing AVVID network for our customer. I did'nt have any experience or exposure to VoIP network before this project. Anyway my question is how would you route your PSTN calls?, and how would you interconnect legacy PSTN equipment with cisco 3660 or 6608E1 blade. Plus anonther issue that I have is how would i be able to use 6608E1 to handle conference calling instead off having 3660 do this for me. Keep in mind that we are using both hardware in implementation.

4 REPLIES

Re: PSTN Calls/6608E1 blade for conference call

you may want to hire someone to help you with this as it can be quite a complicated process, and you don't have any exp. with this. the good thing about your situation is that you do have a 6608E1 blade, which is much easier to implement than using IOS on a 3660. Do you have PRI lines for your voice trunks? You should just be able to plug in your PRI line directly into the 6608 (or the 3660) and that is the "legacy to cisco" connection. As far as conferencing, you can configure MTP's and Conference bridges to point to the 6608, and you conf. one port on the 6608 as a transcoder. the basic setup of the CM with the 6608 is really quite simple, just read the documentation. However, if you dont' know what your doing, and i'm no expert myself, the dial peer commands, etc, on the 3660 can get tricky, and there is always unexpected problems. good luck.

In my situation we will use 3660 as our gateway router to the WAN cloud. But I want to use 6608 to do conferencing because it is much better than 3660. I wanna use 6608 as our first gateway for all PSTN calls and secondary gateway for all the IP calls. Would have any sample conf or any related documentation. Thanks for reply.

post your email and i'll send you some stuff* also, is there a specific reason why you want to use the 3660 as your pstn gateway? you do have that sweet little 6608 blade with some unused ports, right? imo, that would prob. be a better option, and you could free up a 3660 router.

Here is my mail address, mughni_raza@hotmail.com. The reason I am not using 6608 blade because it does not support G711 compression. Don't think it would be better if that 6608 blade used only for conference calls instead of handling both. Well I am stuck here thats why i need your advice.

Views
Helpful
Replies