cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PSTN does not hear ringing using IVR

vianet.ca
Level 1
Level 1

I am using a 2600 with FXO ports with an IVR script to dial a pool of 7960 phones in order. Using the callAlert timer I ring each phone for 20 seconds before moving onto the next phone. The caller coming in through the PSTN will hear ringing on the first call only , however the subsequent phones are all ringing (each one produces a SIP RINGING message to the 2600).

This had been working until I upgraded the IOS on the 2600 (to correct a SIP redirect problem, I am now using 12.2.11T or 12.2XB7 , it was working with 12.2XB2). Does anybody have any ideas on ways to force the POTS dial peer or the voice port to send a ring tone out to the PSTN caller until the call leg is setup?

3 Replies 3

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

You need to set the voice ports up as plar-opx this way the FXO port does not answer until the far end (in your case a 7960) answers the phone.

It has to be plar-opx and not just plar otherwise you have the same problem that you have now.

Paul

When I do that it causes the inbound call to ring over top of the IVR prompts , and it dials the plar opx number rather than waiting for DTMF input.

pacameron
Level 4
Level 4

The first burst of ring will be the initial ringback from the PSTN, then the FXO port goes off hook and as far as the PSTN is concerned, the call is answered. If the TCL script is sending the VOIP call leg to the SIP phone and you are getting an alerting , it is possble the audio path is not cutting through or the alterting message is not being converted to an inband ringback. Try adding 'voice rtp send-recv' to cut through the audio paths, and then try 'voice call send-alert' to convert any messages that come in containing a progress message to an audible alerting tone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: