Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

pstn message

I am using 3.1.3 Unity on a member server that has E2k on it and 2 other E2k servers are in the site.<br><br>I can send messages from IP phone to IP phone and message records fine and plays back fine when I login to get messages, but when I leave a message via PSTN call it accepts the message but I get dead air when I login to get messages. This problem may be related to the client having problems on their Active Directory Server. Help is appreciated.<br><br>

4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: pstn message

What you are describing sounds like a one-way audio problem. Has troubleshooting been approached that way?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

The Callmanager is setup for G.711 but the unity ports appear to be registering as G.729 in the event log. Thoughts

Anonymous
N/A

If the g729 codec was setup on Unity, it will tell CCM that it has capabilities of doing both g711 and g729. What stream will be used when some one calls into Unity will be determined by the regions set up on CCM.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

Cisco's recommendation was to use g.711 all the way from PSTN gateway to call manger to unity. There is utilities called setrecordformat.exe - run that and make sure the recording are going in to G.711 format. There is a registry which by default is enableing G.729 (depending on the version of Unity) but make sure you disable G.729 . Are any of your gateways are doing transcoding function ? see if you can tun it off & test the Voice issue too...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content