cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PUB, SUB1 and SUB2 (and Unity) synchronization!

asapun
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a Cisco command (or SQL command) that can show us if the SQL

database in the PUB, SUB1 and SUB2 (and Unity) are synchronized?

Any help would be trully appreciated.

3 Replies 3

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

What i usually do to test that replication is working okay from pub to subs is go to ccmadmin on the pub. Add a new phone device with a mac address of all 9's. I don't add a directory number. I just click cancel on the directory number screen so I have added a new phone with a device name of 'sep999999999999'. I then go to the each sub and open the sql query analyzer from start menu under sql 7.0. Once in there in the middle of the screen is a section that says db: master. That is a pull down. Change it to the lastest ccm030x database. Then run this query.

"select * from device where name like 'sep9%'

As long as you see the device with a mac address of all 9's then the replication is working fine.

You can repeat this process for each sub.

When you are done you can just delete the phone device.

Hope this helps,

-Mckee

That would be an easy way to do it if I only had 10-20 phones to add.

But this would be very difficult if I was to add 500 phones!

There shoul be an easier way within the SQL server that one could check and compare.

You are missing the point. All we are testing is the replication is working not for each indivdual phone was getting replicated. If replication is working then all devices added to the pub will get to the sub. You can also compare the number of rows in the tables on the pub versus the sub.

Hope this helps,

-Mckee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: