cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Public Distribution Lists

rarenas
Level 1
Level 1

When we migrated our Exchange 5.5 to 2K we had to run the Config setup a couple of times due to permission issues with AD and EX2K. Avfter everything was said and done, and after we got Unity to work correctly i noticed that now i have 2 All Susbcribers DLs per server. When i look at the membership of these DLs i can see all the subscribers in them. Is there an easy way to tell which DL is unity using? is there a Reg key that i can look at? I'm using Unity 3.1.5 and EX2K off box.

Thanks,

Ricardo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Easiest way to do that is to change the display name of the DLs in the SA (these are the ones you want to keep) and then go delete the one's in AD that didn't get a new display name written through...

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You had mentioned that there is, "2 All Susbcribers DLs per server." How many Unity servers are there in the network? Just one? Is this a mixed E55 E2K environment, or are there no longer any E55 servers around?

I have an idea of what's going on, I just need a little background on the environment.

We have 2 unity servers, one with Call manager integration and the other one with Analog integration. The only EX55 we have in the environment is a bridge head with no recipients.

thanks,

In this situation, if a Unity server has two All Subscribers DLs (one for itself, and one for the other Unity server), this is normal.

In this situation, if a Unity server has two All Subscribers DLs, and the DLs have the exact same members (all of the local Unity subscribers), that's not normal.

In SA I see the normal situation, one DL for VM1 and one for VM2. The problem is that in AD I see 2 All Subscriber DLs per server, I want to clean it up but I dont want to delete the wrong one.

thanks,

Easiest way to do that is to change the display name of the DLs in the SA (these are the ones you want to keep) and then go delete the one's in AD that didn't get a new display name written through...

Thank you!