Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Publisher Freeze!!!! Help!!!

Hi all,

Running 4.13sr1 with win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-7sr6.exe. Recently, some users complaint about "cannot answer", "cannot transfer", "phone freeze". I found their phone was unregisterd. So I decide to go ahead to do latest patch.

Tried to upgrade to win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-7sr8.exe and 4.13sr2, latest device package and security agent, etc.

Basically, I just do my maintance work.

However, when I double click the win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-7sr8.exe, the command prompt pops up and stopping all related cisco callmanager services. It freeze at "Stopping cisco callmanager", I cannot move mouse, the screen just freeze. Eventully, it will reboot itself after 10 mins.

Then I tried use "Kill" command at Utils, "kill ccm.exe", same thing happened.

Tried stop the ccm at windows servics. same thing happened.

Tried stop ccm at ccm web page (Cisco CallManager 4.1 Serviceability), same thing happened.

Finally, I set to Manual for Cisco CallManager at windows servics. Then reboot the publisher, it freeze again, coz the system tried to stop ccm. But at least I can proceed to install sr8 without any problems.

After finish sr8, I have to change back to automatic for cisco callmanager, then reboot again without a problem. But, if I reboot again, it will freeze again.

I installed win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-7sr8.exe in my two subscribers without any problems.

But I did not move on to install 4.13sr2 until I fix this problem.

Sorry about the long stroy. Is anyone have idea??

Thanks millions.

1 REPLY
Green

Re: Publisher Freeze!!!! Help!!!

You may open a TAC case to see why CCM service was not able to stop. Although it is always recomendable to disable services when installing patches.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content