cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

pulling voice message out of unity

robynh
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who would like me to pull a copy of a voice mail that he saved off of the Unity server so that it can be saved onto a disk or CD so that he can play it at a board meeting. We are using voice messaging only because we use Groupwise and so I can't just e-mail it. Does anyone know how to get a message out from the server???

Thanks!

Robyn Alton

Hernando County Govt.

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The easiest way to do this is to grab a mail client (outlook, outlook express, whatever) and configure it to connect to the mailbox you want to - pull it out that way. I'm sure you could probably use the Groupwise client and go right to POP3/IMAP (just be sure not to have it move the messages to the client or Unity will not have access to them any longer).

The fact that you're VM only is fine here since I'm assuming this is a "one time" thing - you wont be violating your licence agreement or anything goofy like that. Just don't install Outlook on the Unity server itself - use another client machine.

I'm having no luck at all with the easy way. I haven't been able to get connected to the unity server with an e-mail client. What's the hard way?