Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

push2phone unable to getdevice IP

Hi all,

I download iphone SDK & test the push2phone application.I have 2 problems on using push2phone application. First is the application cant get the device ip. I dont know why, i tried to hardcord the IP, it can work. Secondly, everytime i send the message to the phone, Attention image wont display on the phone. The image will only display when i continue send the message for second time. It this a normal behavior? Please Advice & help. I have run out of idea. Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: push2phone unable to getdevice IP

I had the problem of IP resolving - in the end it was the password and user name i was using - it has to be an account local to the server the call manager is stored on. xxx/xxxxx:password will not work.

Re: push2phone unable to getdevice IP

Have you tried tracing the connection between phone and application server? Does the phone even request the page that returns the image (in the jsp example it has to request http://your-app-server/path2app/push2phone.jsp?action=get)

If you don't see a get request for this page, the phone is never getting the image. Another option would be that the image isn't properly written. I ported the jsp code to a real java application, then had a look at the PushMessage object in the jsp.. the text is only stored in a local variable which is not filled by my java app. So now I write the xml object to a textfile and have it read again by the jsp page.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content