Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Q about SQL Transaction log best practice on CCM servers

Just come on board to a new position and taking a look over the CMCS servers I'm now supporting and had a question about the SQL Transaction logs on the servers and what's considered best practice out in the field.

I've found that the Transaction Logs for both the CCM0302 and CDR databases are growing unchecked, and don't appear to be truncated by BARS during backup.

Given I'm running BARS nightly, and any restore would be from a BARS restore, am I best off switching the DB's to simple logging instead of Full Logging? I realise I loose the ability to do a point in time recovery of the DB, but given I'm not ever likely to do that, instead just doing a full BARS restore, is there any issues in this change?

Haven't found anything in net searches regarding this topic so would be interested in hearing if anyone else has changed their logging settings or are running a seperate process to truncate the logs after a BARS Backup.

Cheers

2 REPLIES

Re: Q about SQL Transaction log best practice on CCM servers

Re: Q about SQL Transaction log best practice on CCM servers

Theres a number of managment job configured in SQL to do some DB tidy up. Im not a big SQL expert so not sure exactly what these do.

Check in enterprise manager > managment > jobs

be keen to know if anyone can explain these.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content