cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Q931 connect message

kafambo
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3640 Gateway with E1 interface connected to a PBX (isdn switch-type primary-net5 protocol) in one site and 3640 Gateway with analog FXO interface in another site.

When the ISDN Gateway send call to the analog Gateway, it receive Q931 connect message in any case :

- when the phone is busy in the analog GW site

- when the dial number is wrong in the analog GW site

- when the phone is ringing in the analog GW site and no answer

Some one has any idea to rectify the problem ?

Thanks for any answer

6 Replies 6

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

When you are talking about your 2 gateways the analog and idsn gateway. How are these gateways talking to each other via h.323 (voip)? Can you get a debug voip ccapi inout from each router? Is the isdn gateway sending the isdn connect to the pbx? What does the pbx user hear?

Let me know and I will try to help you with this,

-Mckee

I believe that the problem exists on your analogue side.

Since it is not digital connection there is no one standard exist for analogue busy, ring etc...

All different calling scenarios are interpreted by different frequencies, amplitude and repeating set.

Are you analogue gateway connected to public switch or to PBX?

If to PSTN, you can start with defini9ng the country CPTone on your gateway.

THX for the reply.

The analog GW is connected to the PSTN.

The CPTone is defined with the default value.

There is another scenarios aslo :

- When I remove (for test) the cable from the FXO interface (there is no connection with the PSTN), the ISDN GW receive the connect message.

To resume, I believe that the ISDN GW receive connect message any time the voip dial-peer is matched

Do you have any idea ?

Dear Mckee

THX for the reply.

The two GW talk to each other via H.232 protocol and

voip dial-peer.

I get "debug voip ccapi inout" on the analog GW and "debug isdn q931" on the ISDN GW.

In each call scenario after the ISDN GW match voip dial-peer and the analog GW receive the call, the PBX receive connect message (from the isdn GW).

Regards

Koffi

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

Can you paste in the config of the gateway with the isdn. Maybe we are not cutting the audio through so you are not getting the correct behavior back.

Thank you,

-Mckee

THX for the reply

Please give me your mail @.

I'll send you the GW config.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: