Views
Helpful
Replies

QCT with CCME 4.2

helmut-schranz
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Voice Experts

Try to configure a CCME 4.2 on a router 2821 with latest QCT version 3.0.1 cause it would reduce a lot of work for command configuring.

But always get problems that none of the included phones in QCT are compatible to CCME 4.2

Any suggestions - cause i thought workaround will be to downgrade IOS for QCT of 4.0

But that's not really an longterm solution.

Do you plan to publish a new QCT Version ???

Many thanks and greets from Vienna

Helmut Schranz

helmut.schranz@azlan.at

3 Replies 3

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

Upgrading to lastest version of CME 4.2. or later will help run the archive command for GUI files.

Hi hadbou

I mean the combatibility of the piece of software "Quick Config Tool" for CCME what helps you to configure CCME easier.

You find the tool with the link : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_data_sheet0900aecd802e9be9.html

Changeing the CCME version when i have to configure a piece could not be the solution ?

Thanks and greets

Helmut

Hi Helmut,

you will find that the thing that cisco does better, for sure is NOT gui / PC-based tools / etc.

These appears to be provided more to pass a "check-mark" on some tender requirements sheet, more than to be of real use.

So don't hold your breath for new improved versions, prepare solid config template and perhaps some custom text-based tool to help your repetitive configurations.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!