Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

QOS Button on phone

I would like to know how to put some type of button on a users phone so that when they are having Qaulity issues with a phone call they can press the button and it will keep track of what is happening on the phone call. Then send me a report or a text file where I can look at the QOS, packet loss, jitter and whatever else I need to see what was going on with that paticular phone call.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thank you in advance.

Kelly

3 REPLIES

Re: QOS Button on phone

I found the information on the QRT, and I started to create the Templete for the softkey, but it wants to restart the devices. What deviceses is this going to restart? Should this be done after hours so it does not effect all my users? Can anyone tell me.

Thank you,

Kelly

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Kelly,

This is going to restart all the phones that you are associating to this new Softkey Template . Have a look at this excerpt from a good cisco doc;

After making updates to a softkey template, you must restart devices that are using the template.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed6f5.html#wp1036174

I would do it after hours, better safe than sorry :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies