Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Qos Issue

Hello guys,

We have a very poor qualiy of voice when we call Inter Office using WAN connection. I am attaching the Config of the swith. Could you please check the config and let me know if there's anythig missing. When I make an inter office call by looking at the statistic on the phone screen, I see that I am using G.711 Codec but the end point uses G729. Does it look correct? Don't we both have to use G.729? Please note the current version of CallManager is 3.0.3.

Thanks,

Bahman

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Qos Issue

Both of you need to have G.729. Make sure you have a correct codec configured for WAN in your Callmanager.

Go to ccmadmin: System->Region and Check the codec configs. you may also check if your Phones Device Pool contains the right Region.

Community Member

Thanks man, you're great!

So, there's nothing wrong with the Qos Configuration in the switch? Could you please also verify if I can improuve the qualiy of voice by making changes in QoS or traffic shapping?

Thanks,

BT

Hall of Fame Super Silver

The confiyration is actually of the router not a switch, but that's what we need more. The confiuration look OK, you've got traffic shaping configure to limit the WAN connection to 128kbps out of which 96 kbps is prioritized for voice, which with g.729 calls will be 4 calls.

To verfiy that QoS is enabled end-to-end (router and switches) run the following command on this router:

"show policy-map interface serial 0/3/0:1" and make sure the class-map VOICE is being matched by checking if the matched packets is incrementing while on WAN call.

Also make sure that the other side's router is configured with the same LLQ and FRTS.

Chris

Community Member

Thanks Chris, I will follow your advices and will let you know.

Thanks again,

Bahman

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content