Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

QoS of voice on 64k link plus data

I made a configuration in a F.Relay, 64k link, with 4 voice channels ( E&M) and works fine. When i try to pass mail the quality decreases lot. I´ve tryed all configurations i know and still same. Can you help.

Another question is, if possible, i'm trying to connect a CISCO2600 with a PRI to one Ericsson phone office PRI, through QSIG protocol. When i try to make a call from the router to the central, the troubleshouting says "switching equipment congestion". What this means? What side is the problem? The central right? Solutions? Ideas?

Thanks

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: QoS of voice on 64k link plus data

If you are using the G.729 codec (this is default) then you should use frame-relay ip rtp header-compression and the Low Latency Queuing feature to prioritize the voice packets. See the following for instructions on how to configure:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121newft/121t/121t2/dtfrpqfq.htm

Why does anybody answer to my second question?

Thanks

Cisco Employee

You didn't say in your original question which device is sending the "switching equipment congestion."

However I would suggest you collect your configuration, version, and the output of debug isdn q931 and open a case with the Cisco TAC.

Being that you're using a slow link, you would need to use LFI ( link fragmentation and interleaving ).

This feature enables delay-sensitive real-time packets and packets that are not real-time data to share the same link by fragmenting the long data packets into a sequence of smaller data packets (fragments). The fragments are interleaved with the real-time packets.This method of fragmenting and interleaving helps guarantee the appropriate quality of service (QoS) for the real-time traffic.

Views
Helpful
Replies