Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

QOS on 2610

I have an internet phone (broadvoice, not Cisco) in a small remote network that, generally, runs fine until the data curcuit (DSL 1.5/350) is being used heavily. The ingress end (downstream. I guess 1.5 mb is enough in this scenario) always sounds fine, the egress end (upstream) starts getting choppy as soon as the line is used for anything else.

My internet router is a fully upgraded 2610 router. I would like to find a way to prioritize upstream traffic so that the IP phone gets full priority and anything else is secondary IF the phone is being used. A collegue of mine recommended auto qos. However, given that the bandwidth is not all that much I wonder if there's a better way.

Also, can someone recommend a Cisco document that will start me off in the area of auto and manual QOS?

Thanks,

Shikamaru

1 REPLY
Blue

Re: QOS on 2610

i think in your small environment, autoQoS should be able to help for a start.

if you find it cannot adjust your qos adequately, then you can configure your self with some of the info linked below.

(you'll use LLQ on the WAN link)

please see the following link for much more QoS info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk543/tsd_technology_support_category_home.html

Views
Helpful
Replies