Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

QoS on Hybrid and Native IOS

We have mixture of 4000/5000/2900/3500/6500 platform on Access distributed and Core Layer, some are running CatOS and some are running IOS mode.

All the switches are on single campus and we would like to prirtize Voice only end-to-end meaning Voice bearer and signalling only.

What would be my best way to implement this sulution for campus.

I'm looking for a starting point for the configuration for prioritizing voice only and rest will be in default Queue.

Do I need to Trust from edge (phone port)to Core only ?

TIA,

1 REPLY
Super Bronze

Re: QoS on Hybrid and Native IOS

Hi

Basically you need to do three things - first decide whether to trust your devices (e.g. phones) or classify/mark on the edge switches; then secondly set up devices in higher levels (e.g. distrib/core) to trust the lower level devices. Finally, you need to ensure that Voice traffic makes it into highest priority queue throughout - e.g. the priority queue where it exists.

A good discussion with all the hardware you have and some case studies etc is at:

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/netsol/ns432/c649/ccmigration_09186a008049b062.pdf

Look at Campus QOS Design...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content