Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

QSIG and Calls Forwarded to Voice Mail

We're doing some pilot testing that involves integrating Nortel PBXs with CCM via QSIG. We just tried to bring up a site into production and discovered that calls that rolled to voice mail were not passing the original called info to the voice mail system.

Here's what the network looks like:

(81)--(3825)--(IP)--(2811)--(11)

That's a Nortel Option 81C with Meridian Mail. The 81C is connected via QSIG PRI to a 3825. At the remote site, we have a 2811 connected to an Option 11C, also connected via QSIG.

My first thought was to go to the gateway configuration page and check the boxes for Redirecting Number IE Delivery - Outbound and Redirecting Number IE Delivery - Inbound. I did that at both sites and restarted the gateways, but that didn't help.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

John

5 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: QSIG and Calls Forwarded to Voice Mail

Check your QSIG path replacement setting in the service parameter.

Rgds,

Jay

Community Member

The path replacement settings are correct, as are the forwarding parameters. For some reason, the original called party info is either not being included by the transferring PBX or is not being recognized by the PBX where Meridian Mail resides.

I've adjusted a couple of QSIG-related parameters and will do more testing when our PBX guru returns from lunch.

John

Community Member

John,

This should work, we have a Nortel 81C QSIG integration with CCM 4.1(3) and its working fine with Called and Calling Name.

Regards,

Jay

Community Member

Yeah, it should work. That's why it's frustrating. We have a couple of IP phones at our main site that we're using for testing. The IP phones have mailboxes built on the 81C, which resides over a QSIG trunk. Calls to those phones roll to voice mail with no problem. There must be something misconfigured at our remote sites but I have no idea what it could be. This is a fairly straightforward configuration.

Thanks,

John

Community Member

I think we're running into a QSIG bug. We just tried a test with an identical configuration on Succession 4.0 and it worked perfectly. It appears that we may need to apply a patch to our Succession 3.0 systems. I've heard that there are a number of QSIG bug fixes available. I have a suspicion that one is available for this problem.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content