Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

QSIG issue with accessing a Voice System on a Meridian

I have a Voice Gateway (2551) connecting a Meridian with the Cisco IP Telephony setup. The Callmanager is connected with QSIG to the Meridian.

Basic call feature work fine. But i do have problems with accessing the Voicemail System on the meridian. Accessing the own Voicemailbox is also fine.(Accessing from 1111 on the Voice System (5959) the Voicebox of 1111) If i now forward the calls on 1111 to the Voice System and i make a call from 2222 to 1111 i will get to the voicemail system but not to the voicebox of 1111. Seams to me that the Voice System needs more information about 1111. On the QSIG Trunk i am sending the 1111 as the redirecting number along. Does somebody expirience such issues?

Are there settings to change on the callmanager or on the meridian side? Also the MWI works fine.

Thanks for any help on this issue. Regards

Roger

5 REPLIES

Re: QSIG issue with accessing a Voice System on a Meridian

Without CFA turned on, will calls to 1111 rollover to voice mail? In other words, are your CFB and CFNA settings working correctly? Does this only fail when you try CFA to VM?

What software level are you running on the Meridian?

Bronze

Hi,

yes it is exactly the same with CFB and CFNA. CFA, CFB and CFNA work perfectly with other numbers. I think the problem is on the meridian voicemail wich can not identify the correct voicebox.

Used SW:

Meridian: 25.40b

Meridian Voicemail: 11.19

Regards

Roger

The QSIG implementation in 25.40 is a little flaky and isn't as complete as it is in later releases. Do you know if you have all the available patches for QSIG?

Bronze

Hi,

i do not know about the batches on the meridian side but i could find it out. i am only responsible for the cisco ip telefony side and i do not really know the meridian side. i'm working together with a technician who is doing the meridian side.

How can i find out which batches are needed and what is the impact to install them?

And what did you mean with little flaky...is it not supporting qsig the way it should?

Regards

Roger

You'll have to talk to someone who knows more about the Nortel PBX to find out what patches and features are installed on the release you're running. I don't remember how you get that information.

As I recall, 25.40 doesn't implement all the QSIG features. It only implements a small subset of them and I've heard that it was originally pretty buggy. It would be best if you could upgrade the PBX to Succession 3 or later.

Views
Helpful
Replies