Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

quality issues with 7940 over vpn with off network calls

We are running CCM 3.2c. I have a hardware vpn connection between a pix 501 (In Florida on Comcast cable) and our VPN concentrator 3005 (in Hartford, CT) We have a full T1. I have the codec set to 729 for her.

The user in Florida is saying that all calls that are internal sound great, but calls to outside parties results in the other end complaing of her fading in and out to the point where they hear like every other or every couple of words.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: quality issues with 7940 over vpn with off network calls

I do not think there are any issues with running VoIP over VPN. I only guess that you have not enabled any QoS between the sites. Configure QoS between the sites and prioritize the VoIP traffic. It should resolve your problem.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk698/technologies_white_paper09186a00800d6b73.shtml

considering the traffic is going through many devices you have no control over that becomes more difficult and then most of the IOS commands and configurations referenced in the above linked document are not configurable on the pix or 3005

you may want to prioritize it, if possible before it hits the pix or 3005 .

I cant really do that as this is how things are:

Phone connected to port on pix, computer connected to another port on the pix, then cable modem connected to the wan port on the pix.

At the main office there is a full t1 that comes into a 2621 and then one of the ethernet ports goes to our firewall, and the other ethernet port goes to the wan interface on the vpn 3005.

The vpn connection is made between the pix and the vpn 3005.

So is the reason I cant find a doc telling how to configure qos on the pix because there isnt one?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content