Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Quality of Service testing

here is the scenario

im configuring QOS for voice on my routers (not too good with QOS). id like to test the configuration to ensure that it actually works. my thinking is that i have a VOIP monitoring tool that id install. but to test QOS id need some congestion on the network. so i need to simluate congestion for the QOS to "kick-in" and then make comparisons to voice before and after congestion.

Is there a simluator i can use to generate congestion for both voice and data to ensure that voice is priority and that quality is not affected? Other than this, what are you normal procedures for checking your configs for your environment?

2 REPLIES

Re: Quality of Service testing

You can go for WAN Killer a solarwinds tool to generate traffic on your network. This software gradually increases the bandwidth.

I would appreciate if you write the commands which you will run on the router to check QoS statistics.

Thanks and Regards,

Rahim Amir Ali

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Quality of Service testing

A quick way without using a simulator ia to run sevaral continous pings with 1500 byte MTUs, and to check your LLQ use:

sh policy-map interface serial x/x

what other QoS toolsets are you using on the routers? Shaping, LFI, compression?

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies