Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Quality Reporting Tool (QRT) Questions

Two questions about QRT:

1. Is there any documentation that gives a good guideline for analyzing the output of the QRT tool? I have gathered data, but don't know what is a good vs. a bad value under some of the columns, and multiple entries in a columnm, etc.

I have checked out the administrator's guide, serviceability admin and system guides and have found nothing more than the basics thus far.

2. When a user presses the QRT button during a call, are the statistics for just that point in time logged? If so how do I get more statistics for the rest of the call? Can they leave QRT window up without pressing the exit softkey, or do they need to keep pressing the QRT softkey multiple times? If so does the info get logged as one entry with multiple lines in the QRT display, or are they all logged seperately.

Thanks

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Quality Reporting Tool (QRT) Questions

Gold

Re: Quality Reporting Tool (QRT) Questions

1. Guidelines can be difficult to formulate. To kind of pull something out of the air, you should see less than 20ms average jitter if possible for high speed links, and loss should be as close to zero as possible although it does take 1% or so loss for problems to become audible.

2. Statistics for the entire call will be logged for that call leg, from any device that supports outputting CMR data. Unfortunately, a whole lot of gateways don't send CMR data. You should definitely get data from any skinny-based IP phone.

Views
Helpful
Replies