Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Question about directory Gatekeeper

Hi everybody,

I have a Cisco 2610 and a large VoIP network. I have different 3rd party GK's and I would like to manage all my dial-plans from a Directory GK . I would like to know if the Cisco 2610 is available to this requirement, wich IOS should have and where could I find a good documentation to configure it. My 2610 is working now as a GK and it's actual IOs is :

(C2600-IX-M), Version 12.2(2)T

I would be very gratefull if I could have some advise on this issue.

Regards,

German Viera

gviera@directo.com.uy

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Question about directory Gatekeeper

Hi German,

Its trick answering your question since I know very little about your network but to give you some idea on 2621 slightly better platform rough numbers are 20 cps with 80% cpu..

I believe 2610 will probably not scale being DGK in large voip network.

Hope that gives you some idea..

ketan

--Hi Ketan, thanks fior your answer, I wouold like to know wich IOS should I load to my cisco to make it work as DGK, and which commands (a part from the usual ones of GK) should I load. My problem right now is that when I havw a scenario were a foreign GK ask a route in my GK , and to reply it I need to ask another GK for a route , (a scenario quite common ) It fails in the response. So If I set my Cisco 2610 as DGK that scenario described before should work,

Hope you could answer my question,

Regards,

Cisco Employee

Hi German,

Looking at the release note it seems that third party gatekeeper LRQ will not be understood by cisco DGK. Please have a look at following URL. It also has sample config for DGK.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00801a7f2a.html#998509

Regards,

ketan

Views
Helpful
Replies