Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Question about Exchange 2K->2K3 migration and Unity 4.0.3

Currently we are running Unity 4.0.3 on Windows 2K SP4, and our message store is an off box Exchange 2K SP3 server running on Windows 2K SP4.

I am planning on doing a migration to Exchange 2K3, by building out a separate Win2K3 server with Exchange 2K3 on it, within the same Exchange site, and moving the mailboxes and any necessary service accounts from the older Exchange 2K Server. Once all mailboxes and services are moved, I would then remove the older Exchange server from the site and decommission it.

My question is how will this affect the Unity 4.0.3 server? Will I need to uninstall the older Exchange 2000 Admin client from the Unity Server, and install the newer Exchange 2003 admin client? And will I then also need to re-run the Unity Message Store Setup, identifying that I am now using Exchange 2003?

2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Question about Exchange 2K->2K3 migration and Unity 4.0.3

You are correct about upgrading the Exchange System Manager tools and re-running Cisco Unity Message Store Configuration. You will probably need to re-run the permissions wizard as well to set rights on the new mailbox store.

Thanks,

Keith

Re: Question about Exchange 2K->2K3 migration and Unity 4.0.3

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content