Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about SMDI to Cisco Messaging Interface

If I'm connecting an SMDI connection directly into my call manager & have Cisco messaging interface running -- and all I want to do is process MWI messages -- do I really need to configure an analog gateway? The VM system that I'm connected to works fine except for MWI, so I was thinking of connecting an SMDI cable into the call manager & letting it process the Lamp On/Lamp Off messages.

On my initial test, I set up Cisco Messaging interface, connected the table, set up tracing to see what was happening & tried some test calls/VMs. The traces showed the Lamp On messages coming from The VM system, but Call Manager never lit the lamp. Any pointers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Question about SMDI to Cisco Messaging Interface

Hi John,

If all you really want to do is be able to light and extinguish MWI lamps on IP phones and do not care about actually routing any calls to the VM system from the CallManager, then no you don't need to configured an analog gateway.

My first guess on the problem is the MWI Search Space that is configured as one of the parameters for Cisco Messaging Interface. It should be set as a colon-separated, ordered list of partitions where the IP phone lines can exist for which Cisco Messaging Interface may need to light/extinguish lamps.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi John,

If all you really want to do is be able to light and extinguish MWI lamps on IP phones and do not care about actually routing any calls to the VM system from the CallManager, then no you don't need to configured an analog gateway.

My first guess on the problem is the MWI Search Space that is configured as one of the parameters for Cisco Messaging Interface. It should be set as a colon-separated, ordered list of partitions where the IP phone lines can exist for which Cisco Messaging Interface may need to light/extinguish lamps.

And your first guess would be correct -- I guess spelling DOES count occasionally ;)

One other question(s), since I'm an SMDI newbie -- are there any hard numbers on how well it scales? Does Cisco have any guidelines on how many messages per second, etc this link can handle -- and when to go to multiple SMDI links?

Thanks for the quick help, much appreciated!

John

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content