Replies

question about translation/transformation

nsarnas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have such question.

Situation:

I have Callmanager 3.3.3(sr4), H.323 gateway and some IP phones. Gateway is connected to Office PBX.

PBX is accepting calls from callmanager, if calling number is AAA.

Can I do configuration in this way:

IP phones have their directory numbers (from 100 to 120), but if they calling to PBX, calling number becomes AAA (for all IP phones). It should be some kind of NAT (maybe "number adress translation" :)).

Can you help me in this situation?

Best regards

Nerijus

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok, got it.

Under the line configuration for each phone, there is a field called External Phone Number Mask. In that field specify 555 or 777 or 999. So, the calling number will be set to the number specified (when the call goes out via the gateway). Try this and let me know if it works.

On the H323 gateway config, specify Calling Party Presentation as "Allowed".

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

Under route pattern configuration, specify AAA in the calling party transformation mask field.

If you have route groups and route list, you can do that same in route list config.

Thanks.

One more question:

I want 5 IP phones to use calling number AAA,

another 5 phones to use number BBB, and the rest phones to use number CCC.

How to be in this situation?

Nerijus

Sorry for the misinformation, you cannot specify characters in Calling Party Transformation field.It can only be 0-9,#,X,*

I don't think you can change the calling number to characters anyway.

sorry for misunderstanding, but numbers AAA, BBB, CCC are not charecters. It is only example of numbers (for example 555, 777, 999 and so on.). It is my fault for this misunderstanding.

So, can you help with unique calling numbers for several phone groups. (my second post).

Thanks

Ok, got it.

Under the line configuration for each phone, there is a field called External Phone Number Mask. In that field specify 555 or 777 or 999. So, the calling number will be set to the number specified (when the call goes out via the gateway). Try this and let me know if it works.

On the H323 gateway config, specify Calling Party Presentation as "Allowed".

no, it is not working. When I'm looking to dialpeer debug on H323 gateway, I see the call processing with directory number, not my External Phone Number Mask specified. After that, the call processing is stopping.

it is working. besides that i need to specify External Phone Number Mask in phone line configuration, i need to specify "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask*" in "route list details configuration".

thanks for help.