cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question: Intermittant Delay when Retrieving Mess

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Question:<br>I have a customer running Unity 2.4.6 that reports that occaisionally when they dial into voice-mail it will say "you have x messages" and then when they go to play the message it might pause for up to a minute. Just silence.<br><br>Their are only about 50 users on the server, a Dell with dual-1Gig CPUs, 1Gig of RAM. Server = Windows 2000. The Exchange server is actually on a different host.<br><br>Again, this problem is not user specific nor is it at any specific time. <br><br>I don't think it is a resource problem, but am leaning towards some issue with Exchange being on another server but I don't really know how I should begin to troubleshoot.<br><br>Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.<br><br>Richard Stephens<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

If the link between the Exchange servers is low-bandwitdh, there could be delays in queries to the remote server.

It would be beneficial to run Optimizer on both Exchange Servers if possible.

One other thing to check in Exchange Admin is the LDAP protocol in the protocols container for the Unity server. Go to the Search tab and make sure max # of search results is set to 100. Numbers higher than this can cause slowdowns.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC