but do u mean by ur answer that it is not possible due that it is illegal, or it is not technically possible,
actually I ask from technical perspective only, since as I know the license is no more than a file (software), and it can be copied ...
please correct me if I'm wrong
and many thanks again
You are correct from technical point of view. From legal and support point of view you need to purchase licence seperately.
thanks chris, now let's jump to the other questions:
1. how is srst ordered, or how can I buy it?
2. is it a downloadable file from cisco or its CD should be shipped?
3. what is the way that I can use to install srst on my cisco router, (SDM, CLI from tftp,...)
4. as I read in cisco web site there is a base file and update files, what is the difference?
thanks in advance
1. You can buy the feature license FL-SRST-SMALL (Medium, LARGE) depending up on the router you have (28XX, 38XX, 26XX etc). Or you can buy router bundles with SRST. Like Cisco2851-SRST/K9. This is a Cisco 2851 router with FL-SRST-Medium and PVDM2-64 to support up to two T1s. (You have to buy the T1 wic separate)
2. There are no special files that are required in SRST mdoe, as it is a function built into IOS with voice feature set. Special files such as AA tcl scripts etc can be downloaded from CCO software center
3. You can simply download a voice grade IOS (IPVoice, Adv.IPServices, SPServices etc) and it will support SRST. You will need to configure a bunch of commands under the call-manager-fallback mode to make it to work. Refer to this link for more details.
4. Can you paste the link you are reading this from ?
PS: please remember to rate posts!
1. execuse me Mr. Sankar for Inconvenience, but what am I still not getting well is this:
I have voice grade IOS with SRST support within, and I don't have an SRST license yet, now I need to purchase SRST license (let's say (fl-srst-meduim), simply my question is what do actually I get from cisco when I purchase this license, is it a file the IOS gonna to be upgraded with,... or what ?!!
2. if so, then (as a customer) can I (from technical point of view) distribute this license for many routers in my network.?
3. I copied the sentence as is from my friend's registered account on cisco under software download - SRST, and it is:
(A base Survivable Remote Site Telephony license must be purchased before downloading these files for SRST use. Please note that SRST files below are for optional features only and are not required for basic SRST operation. )
what is meant by base license, and what are the optional features..
1 and 2 - You do have to purchase a license. There is no license enforcement, which means there is no license key that is installed. To stay on the legal side, you are supposed to buy the appropriate Feature license (FL-SRST-XXXXXX) for every router bundle that you buy. Which means you cannot buy one SRST bundle and distribute it across multiple branches.
3.The files available in CCO for SRST are AA scripts and such which are added features on top of basic SRST operation. When I say basic SRST operation, includes those commands that enable basic features such as Inbound calls, outbound calls, caller id, dial tone, hold, transfer, conference etc.
thanks, and what about Mr. chris post which is:
(You are correct from technical point of view. From legal and support point of view you need to purchase licence seperately.
1> is it possible from technical point of view?
2> if so, does it affect the service level contract I purchase from cisco for the voice bundled router, I mean if I got the one license and distribute it for many routers?
3> kindly what do u mean by (There is no license enforcement, which means there is no license key that is installed) if so, what I'm asking for is that is the license a software I got when I buy for fl-srst-xxx or what?
thanks again sankar for ur valuable knowledge
I want to simplify what actually I need:
I have the following IOS software:
(( c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.12.4-9.T.bin ))
for 2811 ISR, it contains srst functionality already, without purchasing the srst license can it function properly, or to make it functioning I should buy its license ?
ths what's exactly I want