Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Question re WebEx & WebEx Productivity Tools

Hi,

Hopefully this is a simple enough question to answer, but I can't get a clear picture from the last three release notes:

Our WebEx site is finally moving from 28.11 to 28.12.

We do not deploy the WebEx Client msi (to cut down on work when versions change), we rely on the java/active X 'temporary' version delivered via the Web Browser. We do deploy Productivity Tools - this is because our security policies do not allow users to download or install programs themselves and Productivity Tools wouldn't integrate via any kind of temporary setup. Therefore we have to sequence apps of that nature for delivery via SCOM/SCCM.

However without the full webex client, the Webex Doc Loader does not install, even though it is required in order to use the 'share this document' button which Productivity Tools adds to programs like Word & Excel. Therefore what we've done to date is extract just the docloader from the WebEx msi installer, and deployed that along with Productivity Tools to our users. So now when productivity tools are installed, users can actually make use of all the utility allegedly offered (ok, so Share This Document doesn't work from Powerpoint 2003 which is a bit pointless, but still).

So what I would like to find out is inbetween 28.11 and 28.12, did anything change about the document loader specifically. I.e., do we need to extract a fresh copy of the doc loader from a 28.12 webex client, or will the 28.11 one work fine?

I hope that's clear! If not, happy to clarify.

Thanks in advance

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.