cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question regarding voicemail...

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all! I'm developing an application that needs to be able to programatically populate voice mailboxes with audio data. Is this feasible with Unity? I have heard that it uses Exchange for mailboxes, and was wondering if there were any hoops I need to jump through to get this kind of application to work without confusing Unity (or the user!).<br><br>Thanks!<br>-Rob<br><br><br>==========<br>Robert Bates<br>Senior Software Developer<br>Digital Precision, Inc.<br>Austin, TX - USA<br>512-795-8811 x2021<br>rbates@dprecision.com

3 Replies 3

Anil Verma
Level 5
Level 5

I am unable to answer the question right as I do not really know what you want to do with your application.
Unity does not have an API available to access, modify messages etc. If you have a Unified messaging environment, you can do creative things through the Microsoft API's to Exchange. Unity stores all its voice mails as messages in the Exchange mailbox.

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

Not applicable

Well, without going into TOO much depth (it is a new app under development, after all!), I have a piece of software that will be handed a WAV file and a distribution list.

What I would like to be able to do is have the application distribute that WAV file to the relevant Unity voice mailboxes. If I can do it via Exchange in a Unified Messaging environment, that would be great. If Unified Messaging is not available, how else could I access the mailboxes?

Thanks!
-Rob

==========
Robert Bates
Senior Software Developer
Digital Precision, Inc.
Austin, TX - USA
512-795-8811 x2021
rbates@dprecision.com

Not applicable

If you just want to punch a message into Exchange that Unity will recognize as a voice mail over the phone, that's doable. If you're familiar with MAPI (or are willing to get familiar with it) you can do this. You need to set a message class and a media type on the message that we recognize and it'll magically show up as a voice mail over the phone, we'll turn the lamp on and all that good stuff.

is this what you're looking for?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: