Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Questions about Unity 4.03 and Lotus Dominoe 6.02 Integration

Hello,

We've got a customer that's running three CallManager 3.3(3) clusters that are each connected to networked Octel 250 systems via DPA-7630 converters.

The customer's is currently running Lotus Notes (Dominoe 5.08 servers and 5.08 Notes desktops) for company-wide groupware functionality. They're testing Dominoe 6.02 and have plans to roll it out company-wide before the end of the year.

With everything else going on, the customer is planning to replace the existing Octel systems with Unity 4.03 servers (one per cluster). While the customer has plenty of Notes experience, they're really not too Microsoft Exchange savvy, so for fairly obvious reasons, we'd rather be able to use the Dominoe datastore in stead of Exchange 5.5 or 2000.

For a variety of reasons (not necessarily price related) the customer does not want to purchase licenses for Unifed Messaging. All my research, however, leads me to believe that a Unity/Dominoe integration only supports Unified Messaging. Is this true? Is there any work-around that will let us integrate Voice Mail-only Unity 4.03 servers with Dominoe 6.02 servers?

Additionally, I'm seeing that Unity 4.03 will integrate with Dominoe 6.02, but what about running Notes 6.02 on the Unity server? Do we have to run Notes 5.10, or 5.11 on the Unity server instead?

Thanks for bearing with me and my long post.

Matt

P.S. Does the Unity server still have to be an NT 4.0, or Win2K domain member before Unity 4.03 can be installed?

Thanks again!

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Questions about Unity 4.03 and Lotus Dominoe 6.02 Integratio

Yes, Unity connected to Dominio is only supported in a Unified Messaging licensing configuration - voice mail only setups are only supported with Exchange. This has more to do with the tools available for VM only sites that are available with Exchange (i.e. the message store manager, ExMerge with DiRT, etc...) which make handling a voice mail only installation nicer for folks that don't have experience with mailstore back ends (which is typical for VM only installs). At this time there is no exception for that rule that I know of.

I'm not sure about your 6.02 question - I'll forward it to the dominio messaging team to see what's on deck for qualification. At the moment I blieve it's only 5.10/5.11 but I don't know what's coming down the pike.

Yes, Unity must still be a member of a domain.

Re: Questions about Unity 4.03 and Lotus Dominoe 6.02 Integratio

Many thanks for the quick response, Jeff.

I'll forward the information on to the customer and let them decide which way they want to go...

Views
Helpful
Replies