cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

queue

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi<br>Is there a telephonequeue handling in Unity 2.46? I cannot find it, althou one of my college was in Seattle and checked on your translating, he is shore that there were some prompt saying fx. "....more than xx minutes to<br>wait."<br><br><br>Thanks<br><br>Ketil Johansen<br><br>

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

On the "Call transfer" page in the SA for both subscriber and call handlers there's the option (when using supervised transfers) to select "if the call is busy" to always hold, ask the caller to hold or not offer holding.

Default is to not hold. If you choose to hold then the callers will stack up for that guy and they'll hear the prompts you're talking about... ("you are 4th in line... to continue holding press 1, to leave a message press 2... ") followed by hold music for 30 seconds and back again. We don't estimate time on hold, just your position in the queue.

The down side, of course, is that this can chew up a lot of ports on Unity and there's no real way to throttle it (i.e. you can't say that a maximum of X users can be on hold at any given time). Use with caution.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Hi

Do you now if there is any problems with Call Transfer and Supervise transfer and Callmanager 3.09, I am not able to get this to work.
Can you use the Supervise transfer as a phone queue ore do we have to wait for Callmanager 3.10

Regards

Ketil Johansen

peteleun
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is there a way to change the default hold time of 30 secs when the customer is sitting in the queue?

The hold times are actually dictated by the hold music prompts themselves. These are by default a clip of classical music that's 30 seconds long. If you wanted to record your own you can although be aware this is not supported by TAC.

You'll find 10 hold music prompts in commserver\localize\prompts\enu\AVPhGreet\

They're named PHHoldMusic000.wav through PHHoldMusic009.wav. These are played in order from 0 to 9 and then back to 0. If you record longer WAV files in here (perhaps snappy company messages or whatever) it will wait longer in between asking the user if they want to continue to hold. Don't go too wild here though since this dictates how often we'll check to see if the line is open again and if you have too big a wait in here you can really slow things down or give the target recipient time to exit their office before their phone rings again or something...

Jeff,

Thanks for the info. When someone is holding in the queue and after the default 30 sec music prompt the user gets greeted with the option menu again and if they wish to continue holding they have to press '1' otherwise if no input then they go back to the main greeting. Is this behaviour configurable? Can we change this so they instead of bouncing back to the opening greeting on no input, we direct the user back on hold?

no, this behavior is hard coded and can't be changed.