cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Quick Greeting Change

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hello all,<br>Problem Description: I have a situation where a greeting will need to be changed frequently. For example, a hotline with daily updates. The site would like to change that message via the phone - either onsite or remotely. Also, if a message is left for that hotline, they would like to send the message to an admin's voice mail box.<br>I've defined a hotline CallHandler, which allows the message to be sent to another vm box, but the admins who are changing the greetings do not always have access to web browsers, let along the media bar. How do I allow several users to easily change the greeting via their phone? (not via the media bar).<br>If I create a subsciber that allows easy access to changed greetings, I would like to associate that subscriber extension to another person's VM so that the admins don't have to create a seperate line apperance and manage another voice mail box.<br><br>Any help appreciated.<br>gp<br><br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Yeah... this is kind of a PITA right now. This is supposed to get addressed in 4.0 by allowing owners of call handlers (which can be a subscriber or DL) to access the record greeting conversation for that handler. It was "might make it" thing and I haven't seen where it's at recently... I'll bug some folks about it again tomorrow since this is a really annoying thing sometimes.

The best I can suggest for now is to create a dummy subscriber to use for the greeting in question such that all the admins you want to have access will know the login ID and PW. The after greeting action can be set to "send to greeting for" a call handler with an alternate greeting that's active and blank which has an after greeting action of take message. The message recipient for the handler can be anyone you want or a DL. The caller will just hear the dummy subscriber's greeting play and then will be allowed to record a message (if that's what you want). Since there's no way (other than an Exchange message rule) to have a subscriber's mailbox leave messages for a different subscriber/DL this is the easiest way to approach the issue.

Use of the blank greeting for things like this can be handy... I have an video training showing how to put something similiar to this together using the Audio Text Manager out on AnswerMonkey if you want to dive into more detail.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)