Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Alerting Name" vs "Display - Internal Caller ID"

Callmanager 4.1(3)SR1. We're having a problem where Internal Caller ID is not working. We imported 300 User Device Profiles with "Internal Caller ID" of the user's name. But caller ID only seems to work if you manually populate the "Alerting Name" field. From the description of the Alerting Name field, this is only for QSIQ trunks. How come internal caller ID doesn't work any more? Never had this problem on the 50+ previous installs we've done.

3 Replies 3

Alerting name: Used for Ring in state if Alerting not configured only DN will be showed.

Display i: Used for Connected state,

According to the documentation:

This setting, which supports the Identification Services for the QSIG protocol

If you do not configure an alerting name, "Name Not Available" may display on the caller phone. If you do not enter a name for the Display (Internal Caller ID) field, the information in the Alerting Name field displays in the Display (Internal Caller ID) field.

HTH

I learned this was "as designed". We had to bite the bullet on this one and manually reconfigure all the DNs, copying the Display name to the Alerting Name. Although easier, I opted not to try the SQL query fix ... way too risky.

Thanks all for the info.