Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

"announce-only" voicemail in CUE?

3845 running CME 3.3 and CUE 2.1.2, ISDN PRI with DIDs

We need to set up an announce-only voicemail for our office. This DID is used so that the public can call in and find out if an event has been cancelled, or hear updates on important issues.

We don't want to allow users to leave a message at all; once the greeting finishes playing, we want to hang up on them.

I'm still shaky on the command line but I couldn't find a way to do this either there or in the GUI. Minimum mailbox size appears to be 10 minutes. Auto-attendant isn't practical because staff must record a new outgoing message on these mailboxes every day (sometimes more).

If I fill up the mailbox with 10 minutes of nonsense will callers hear the greeting and then receive some sort of error message?

Second (related) question - this mailbox won't be tied to a phone. However, when I try to do the initial setup for a mailbox calling from a different extension, I get the response that "for security purposes the initial call must come from the designated extension" or some such thing. Can I override that requirement somehow, or should I just set up an ephone and do the initial setup, then delete the ephone from the system?

Thanks for any ideas...

3 REPLIES

Re: "announce-only" voicemail in CUE?

bump

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi John ... you should probably post this question in the Unified Communications forum. I'm sure one of the experts there will be able to help you.

Take Care! Rob

Thanks Rob, we'll give that a try.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content