Views
Helpful
Replies

"AstService namespace is not valid" error when querying CCM 4.1 when Axis

sebbouchex
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to query a CCM with the Axis Java Soap API and I'm receiving a Fault response saying "AstService namespace is not valid"

I have tried with SAAJ API from Sun (similar to Axis) and it works fine.

What's wrong ?

Thanks

Seb

4 Replies 4

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Could you trace the soap exchange and post it here? You obviously have a namespace issue.. also, the code how you set up your service endpoint might be of use, too. I have AXL working via AXIS (but I'm using handwritten XML since AXL just doesn't work without hacking WSDLs and I have better things to do than worry about breaking apps when installing a ccm patch) so we could compare the code.

Hi,

Here are the 2 files (trace.txt, generated with tcpmon from axis and SoapRpc.java, my sample code)

Note that if I use WSDL2Java from Axis to generate the stub, it works fine.

Thanks

Seb

Hmm.. you're connecting to AXL serviceability.. not quite the same I'm doing. But at first glance I can't see any glaring errors and looking at the soap messages, I'm almost getting the feeling that the error lies with the callmanager (I don't know how the serviceability request needs to look like though).

How did you generate the stub if not using wsdl2java?

I have not generated any stub, I have just called the java classes to send the request to the server (see the code)

Anyway, it works fine with Axis (but not with JAXWS 2.0 by Sun..., the wsdl cannot be imported)

Thanks

Seb