Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

"Beep" tone too quiet - NMS AG2000

The volume of the live record beep tone is too quiet. Please advise how to adjust?<br><br><br>esyap<br><br><br><br>

4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: "Beep" tone too quiet - NMS AG2000

Well... with Dialogic I know this works, but I don't have an NMS card handy to test it on. This SHOULD work, but let me know if it doesn't and I'll bug the NMS folks for more info. Here's a previous post on this for Dialogic cards:

===================================
You'll need to edit the registry in
HKLM\Software\Active Voice\MIU\1.0\Initlaiziation\

You’ll see a key called “Record beep Amp” and it’ll be set to a really big looking number. In reality, that’s a signed number and it’s actually a small negative number. The idea was, ironically, the beep was too loud for most folks so our default configuration kicks it down a notch or two. The default setting is –24, but that translates into “ffffffe8” in this setting since it’s a signed value in hex… trust me.

You can set the value to 0 to get the “full on” volume for this… if that’s too loud you can fiddle with it between the –24 and 0 level until you get it right. For negative numbers, pop open the calculator on NT, switch to scientific mode, make sure you’re in “decimal” mode, stick your negative number in there and switch to “hex” mode. Plug that value in to the registry.

This does require a reboot before it takes effect.

As a side note, you’ll see options for the beep length and frequency as well, but I wouldn’t mess with those. While the voice board is playing the beep itself it’s “blind” to incoming tones. If you make it too long a disconnect tone, for instance, may be missed. The length of the beep now is short enough to ensure that wont happen.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Cisco Systems
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Anonymous
N/A

Jeff,

There is "no" increase in Beep tone after set to 0 ("full on") or between -24 and 0.

We have try to change the Beep Frequence, no effect at all.
(From 500 Hz to 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000Hz)

The only thing we can change is the Beep duration.

ESYAP

Anonymous
N/A

Hmmmm.... NMS must not support that. It does work for analog Dialogic board.

I'll check around with the NMS folks and see if there is some alternate way to deal with this on their equipment.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Followed up with the NMS folks and our in house developers and this is apparently not supported by their TSP. There's several TAPI driver settings you can fiddle with, but they don't work any better than editing the registry. Sent a query to the NMS support folks but I wouldn't hold your breath. I think it's something they didn't implement in their TAPI driver.

Sorry about that...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content