Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

"Extension in use" still shows after user is deleted fom networked server

Customer has 2 Unity server networked (3.1.5) 1 x UM, 1 x VM. Both share a directory and network successfully. The plan is to migrate some VM users to the UM server by deleting accounts on VM, deleting custom attributes on exchange 5.5 and re-importing to UM server.

However, when we tried this, the subscriber appeared ok in Exchange 5.5 but when we tried to import it said extension was already in use. The subscriber didn’t appear on any admin screens .Tried running latest version of DB walker which showed no errors.

When I looked in the database of the VM server (where user had been deleted from) there was no ref. to his extension, but it still appeared in the database of the UM server. I deleted the entry and we could import user no problem.

Is this behavior by design?

The plan is to move over around 150 users gradually and would rather not be deleting direct form the database.

Any thoughts on why this happened or a better way to move subscribers over?

TIA

Mick

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: "Extension in use" still shows after user is deleted fom net

Where did it appear in the DB on the UM server? In the global subscriber table? In the DTMFAccessId table? Both?

No, that's not by design of course... How long after you deleted the subscriber properties did you wait until you tried to import them on the UM server? This is by no means going to be a real time operatio here - when you remove the properties from your VM server it's got to replicate that change through the directory and the UM server then needs to pick up this change and remove that user from the global subscriber table.

Is this a mixed environement? In other words is the UM server attached to Ex2K and there's an ADC pushing 55 directory information around here? That can introduce further delays as well...

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

Only ref in the DB was in the DTMFAccessId table. I'd say it was betweeen 45mins to 1 hour from deleting to trying to re-import. Can you force a resynch of networked information?

We're trying another subscriber or two so will let you know if it was a one-off.

Environment is all 5.5

Cisco Employee

I've seen a couple of these - the updated dbWalker should note anything that's listed in DTMFAccessID that's doesn't have an active object as a parent. Thus far we haven't been able to catch any of these "in the act" so we haven't been able to narrow it down to a sync or a monitor or a trigger issue or what... if you narrow anything down, let me know.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content