Views
Helpful
Replies

"Ghost" Call on 7960G with CCME 3.3

osaru
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We installed already CCME at different customer location but we are facing a strange behavior on one customer site that never happend before and we are searching for help.

We cannot find any solution until now with TAC or by changing our configuration.

This "problem" was detected on CCME 3.3 for a 7960G (with two 7914 expansion module) used by an attendant.

Configuration of the user is:

- the phone (7960G + two 7914) is use by an attendant console

- the attendant have four lines configured for incoming call

"Problem" behavoir:

- after two or more calls have been connected the phone start ringing alone continuoulsy without any active call

- not reproductible all times (random issue)

Thigs that was try to solve this issue:

- upgrade of the firmware from

7.2(2) to 7.2(3)

Result : no change

If somebody have any idea to debug or have seen this before we will be very happy to discuss it.

Thank you very much,

Marc

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you using Unity? Unity has quite few CallHandler settings, and if you miss one, it will automatically transfer to the operator or attendant console, sometimes being a "ghost" call. I have seen Unity configured accidently and there may be a loop that will just keep ringing the operator for some reason.

if you don't have Unity... not sure where it would be coming from then.

hope this helps.

tc

Yes, I see this issue from time to time with 3.3 as well. Rebooting the phone usually cures it but the CCME router needs rebooted itself around once a week for 'normal' operation.

I think using overlays causes the issue, in my case it's when an overlayed number is picked up on another set, the other sets seem to be unaware of it!

Alas CCME is still very problematic.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: