Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

"hotline" or second appearance on 7940 phones

I have some requirements I am trying to figure out.

if Joe user has extension x8314

He has (3) other lines that need to ring on his 2nd button on his phone.. can this happen? or do I need a multi line phone such as a 7960?

Thanks!

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: "hotline" or second appearance on 7940 phones

You can accomplish that by creating translation patterns and transforming the called number to his 2nd line DN.

Please rate all helpful posts!

Chris

So if this person had 5 other lines that rang on his phone, we could "translate" the pattern to his 2nd line?

So for instance...

if Line #1 was the primary x8234

Line #2 was the 2nd line with X5001

we could point all the other 5 lines to the 5001 line correct? But the person would not know which line was actually ringing in correct?

Thanks much!

Silver

Yes, that is right. He will get calls to the 5 lines on his second line, but wouldn't know which line did the callers dialed.

Regards,

Anup

any docs on this?

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Basically here are the steps:

Assuming that the second line DN is 2000, and you want to redirect callers who called 1000, 3000, 4000 to this DN

1. Create a new parition called Xlated-PT for example

2. Create a new Calling Search Space called Xlated-CSS

3. Assign the current phone parition to this Xlated-CSS

4. Create new translation pattern 1000, change the called number transformation to 2000, assign the Xlated-PT and Xlated-CSS to this TP

5. Repeat step 4 for 3000 and 4000

6. Assign Xlated-PT to all calling search spaces that are assigned to devices which need to be redirected to DN 2000, such as other phones, gateways, cti ports, etc

Now everytime DN 1000, 3000 or 4000 is dialed it will be translated to 2000 and ring the second line on the phone.

HTH

Chris

Thanks Chris.

I will try it out tomorrow hopefully

Views
Helpful
Replies