cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"National" Number Prefix Hack with Call Forwarding

cwatts
Level 1
Level 1

I am using the popular National Number Prefix "91" hack to enable direct dialing from the "Missed Calls" lists on my phones.

However, if I CFwdALL from my phone to my Cell Phone, I see "91XXXXXXXXXX" as the caller ID when I receive a forwarded call.

Any suggestions? I'd like to strip this back to 10 digits before presenting it to the telco.

7 Replies 7

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Not sure why the 91 is getting prepended for outbound calls..What is your calling party selection set to on the gateway ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Calling party selection on my PRI gateway is "Originator".

Interestingly, I've just discovered that I don't always see the "91" prepended. When I CFwdAll to my home land line, I see the caller's XXX-XXX-XXXX as expected. When I CFwdAll to a carrier-A cell phone, I get XXX-XXX-XXXX as expected.

When I CFwdAll to a carrier-V cell phone, I get 91XXXXXXXXXX ...

So I turned on PRI debugs on an intermediate Asterisk box I use for PRI TDM switching. I see the prepended "91" on all calls, whether I see it on the end device or not.

< Calling Number (len=16) [ Ext: 0 TON: National Number (2) NPI: ISDN/Telephony Numbering Plan (E.164/E.163) (1)

< Presentation: Presentation allowed of network provided number (3) '819709037263' ]

So I wonder if this happens to everybody, but they don't notice because the digits are getting "cleaned" by intermediary telcos.

(Oh - as you can see in that debug output, I actually use 81 as my National Number Prefix setting. I was referring to it as "91" just for ease of reference.)

cwatts
Level 1
Level 1

My resolution for the time being - we don't get a lot of international calls, much less forward them - is to set the Caller ID DN for Outbound Calls to XXXXXXXXXX.

I would still be very interested in feedback from other users in the same boat.

hi,

when you have an mgcp gateway there is no way to modify the calling party number prefix (91 or 00 in germany) for forwarded calls. we have a lot of problems regarding this feature because the calling party number from pstn will send to pstn with 91 or 00. with h323 there it is easy to solve this problen with outgoing voice-translation pofiles.

greetings

mehmet

benhanson
Level 1
Level 1

I'm in the same boat, I'd love to find a solution. Where did you set the outbound caller ID to XXXXXXXXXX? Actually, I think I just found it in my gateway settings.

with ccm 4.2 or 5.0 this issue is fixed. the prefixes from ccm service parameter will removed and the calling party number will send without this prefix.

see: CSCsb25694

greetings

mehmet

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: