cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"no more voice mail user licenses available"

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

When I try to add a user to Unity in the SAWeb, I get the error, "There are no more voice mail user licenses availablbe. You can not add another user". I have 6 users on this system with a license for many more. I have done a key dump and in the voice mail section, it tells me that there are XXX licenses but only 1 available. This is not the same as the other licenses features. I have run the license synch tool and it ran fine , restarted unity but I am getting the same message. <br><br>Is this a reported bug or is there a fix available for this? We will have to rebuild if this doenst get fixed which is not my preferred option.<br><br>Thanks.<br><br>

15 Replies 15

Not applicable

Does this happen if you use the SA on the local Unity server or only when accessing the SA from another workstation in the domain?

If it's only off box, it's likely a registry rights issue... I can dig up a link to a post on how to force that for external users. If not, there's another issue at play we'll need to look at.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

No, this is happening directly on the unity server itself. any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hmmm.... different issue then. So it's reporting 65,000 licensed voice mail users but only 1 available on the key dump?

Are you sure it's not another licensed feature on that page that's out?

If not, it sure looks like the registry rights issue to me... are you logged in as the install account? If not, can you try that real quick as a test?

The key library needs read/write access to some of the branches under the Active Voice tree in the registry and we see this type of thing when users are attempting to add users via the SA using accounts that may not have rights granted in the customer's scheme...

as another test you can grant read/write privalages to everyone on the AV branch (at least to test this).

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Thanks, I followed your suggestion about the AV tree and was able to then add the users I wanted to. Appreciate your help.

Having the same problem *at* the Unity server. Changing rights on the AV tree did not help. Status monitor shows 64796 licenses available for Voice mail and Active Assistant. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Not applicable

remember, the COS uses more limits than just voice mail user limite. Check the COS being used by the subscriber template you're using to create users. It's a good bet one of them is set on and has none left (i.e. VMO users is a common one folks trip up on).

If that's not the case, and it's failing local and you've edited the registry rights, you have a new and exciting problem and you need to contact TAC.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

That was it, thanks! "Voice Mail for Outlook Users" was selected & we have no licenses for that. Have NO idea how it got selected, though...

Not applicable

I have a similar problem...I have 3 Administrators defined in our system. 2 of us can add users, but the 3rd admin account shows all licenses used and can not add users? Anybody have an idea whats going on here?

Are all of you adding people into the same Class Of Service?
If you are, then you should all get the same error. The license error is saying that the licesnses for that COS are full.
Check the licensing page to see if you run out of any system wide licenses.

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

Not applicable

Yes we are all using the same class of service. The 3 administrators are assigned to the Default Administrator class of service and all the other users are assigned to the default subscriber class of service. The 2 administrators that are working show 22 licenses used and the 3rd administator that is not working shows 65000 used.

Have you tried the grant access to the AV Tree in the registry that Jeff suggested and seemed to help out the original post?
Do all the administrator accounts have the same right?
Is the Administrator having problems using WTS? Is he/she using the SA screens remotely or on the Unity system?

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

Not applicable

All 3 admin accounts have the same rights, and we are all accessing Unity via the I.E browser. I'm not sure what "WTS" is and I haven't tried the AV Tree because it sounded like that person was having problems accessing Unity directly from the server.

WTS is Windows Terminal Services.
Try out the AV Tree thing. You might also want to give Cisco TAC a call as they might have to look at the system.

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

Not applicable

I had to add the 3rd administrator into the administrator group on the Unity server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: