cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Panic Button" that pushes out a .wav file

johnnywan
Level 1
Level 1

We would like to implement a XML service that from a speed dial, once pressed, would auto call emergency services, wait for answer, and then play a .wav file. Basically a silent alert function. Any suggestions? From a previous post I see:

<CiscoIPPhoneExecute>

<ExecuteItem URL="Dial:911"/>

<ExecuteItem URL="http://your-url-here"/>

</CiscoIPPhoneExecute>

But can we also include a .wav file push in this above example?

7 Replies 7

johnnywan
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently using Informacast for phone paging but it doesn't look like it could do this. I would rather this be a XML service as I can't see spending the $ on IPCelerate. No call center technology in place so using outbound dialing campaigns to do this is not an option.

Would that be legal, playing recordings to 911?

Either way you need CTI for that.. using TAPI you should be able to play a WAV file directly - sadly Cisco left out that part of the JTAPI implementation so there you have to use rtp streaming to get the audio to work (you'll find examples on this very board though.. but nothing pre-made.. you have to invest time to bring the parts together).

Alternatively, CUAE can do it, too - that's a bit more the higher level approach but you need a server running CUAE (Cisco Unified Application Environment) as well as the licenses.

Your http push would go to a website running on CUAE (or something else when using TAPI /JTAPI directly) that tells the app to monitor the call to 911 on phone X and then play the audio when the call is answered.

Yeah not sure of the legal aspects of this...will check into it. Thanks for the info.

How about creating a XML service and assigning it to a speed dial button? This service would send a pre-composed text message along with an optional wave audio to an IP phone group. You can do that with PhoneTop Messenger and it is priced very attractively.

With PhoneTop Messenger can you push a wav file out to an external number as well? Or is it just to IP phones?

Just to an IP phone for now. It actually broadcasts audio to an IP multicast address, so anyone "tuned" to that address can listen to it.

I beleive what you want to do can be acomplished with a TCL script on the VG, but I'm not sure. I'm looking at using TCL for a similiar function. My user wants a panic button that dials 911, but only allows one-way audio, so that a person can alert 911 via the speakerphone without announcing to everyone involved that he/she is calling 911.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: