cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Send Call" to Voice Mail

swood
Level 1
Level 1

Hopefully this question is simple. We just implemented CallManager & Unity at a site, and they use to have this feature in there old PBX where if the phone would ring and they didn't want to answer it, they could press the "Send Call" button, and that call would automatically be send to there voicemail box. Any idea's how do so this with CallManager?

Thanks!

Spencer

6 Replies 6

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am familiar with this feature on Lucent/Avaya digital sets. Right now you can press CFwdAll and then press Messages, but this will only have an effect for calls that have not yet been placed to that line, not for calls that are already ringing on the phone. I am pretty sure this has been asked for but I know of no expected availability timeframes, please contact your account rep.

j.ayres
Level 1
Level 1

Probably not an option for you - but this functionality is available from Soft Phone which has both deflect and voicemail buttons.

Justin makes a good point. Note that using SoftPhone, you can control lines on your regular IP phone rather than terminating the voice on your PC, so in this scenario, you can "send calls" by controlling your phone using the SoftPhone application.

Thanks for the tip....While the softphone idea is sounds pretty cool, I think the users will kill us if we say you have to do that....It would be really great if you could setup a button or it would appear as a soft-key on the phone when your line rings...

I will make sure that this request is on the list for them to implement.

j-michalos
Level 1
Level 1

Spencer,

There is a way to do this, but it's a little tricky. Unity will allow you to send a call directly to a user's VM by putting a #2 after their extension. The problem is, you must be in Unity to do this, you can't do it directly from a phone. The procedure is to first transer the call to unity, then have unity send to the VM....

(transfer button)

(messages button)

#

extension

(transfer button)

It takes a little bit of timing, but it does work. i agree, it would be much nicer to have a button on the phone that does this, but this is an option for you.

John Michalos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: